As the 39th recipients of the Pritzker Prize, the Catalan trio will receive the award at the ceremony held at the State Guest House in Tokyo on 20th May 2017.
Landscape and architecture are united to create buildings that are intimately connected to place and time.
Mr. Pritzker remarks: “The jury has selected three architects who have been working collaboratively for nearly three decades. Mr. Aranda, Ms. Pigem and Mr. Vilalta have had an impact on the discipline far beyond their immediate area. Their works range from public and private spaces to cultural venues and educational institutions, and their ability to intensely relate the environment specific to each site is a testament to their process and deep integrity.”
Here is a selection of their notable projects:
2017 Pritzker Prize Jury
· Glenn Murcutt (Chair): Architect and Pritzker Laureate 2002. Sydney, Australia.
· Stephen Breyer: U.S. Supreme Court Justice. Washington, DC.
· Yung Ho Chang: Architect and Educator. Beijing, The People’s Republic of China.
· Kristin Feireiss: Architecture Curator, Writer, and Editor. Berlin, Germany.
· The Lord Palumbo: Architectural patron, Chairman Emeritus of the Trustees, Serpentine Galleries; Former Chairman of the Arts Council of Great Britain. London, England.
· Richard Rogers: Architect and Pritzker Laureate 2007. London, England.
· Benedetta Tagliabue: Architect and Educator. Barcelona, Spain.
· Ratan N. Tata: Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group. Mumbai, India.
· Martha Thorne (Executive Director): Dean, IE School of Architecture & Design. Madrid, Spain.
You can see the list of the Past winners of the Pritzker Prize.